Instead of an outfit post chatting about what new things I’m craving to buy on sale this black Friday, I thought a post about what I’m currently thankful for would be much more appropriate. Thanksgiving really has perfect timing when you think about it – right before all the Christmas madness begins… the shopping lists, letters to Santa, wish lists, and more wants. I like to think that Thanksgiving gives us a breath of fresh air, time to sit back and reevaluate what is actually important in our lives like being with family and friends, celebrating all the great things we already have in life, but unfortunately take for granted. It’s time to forget about our cyber shopping carts filled with goodies and focus on what really counts.
Here is a short list of things that I am currently thankful for:
- Long weekends spent with my hubby without plans
- My Grandma’s sweet handwritten letters
- My new in-laws
- Learning to cook
- Being an Aunt
- My job – a fun, challenging work environment, surrounded by awesome people
- Living in Chicago – a beautiful city with so much left to explore
- My daddy – one of the strongest men I’ll ever know
- Good beer
- The smell of the cold fall turning into winter
- Finding new music
- Selfless people like my close relatives who have recently been on/are planning to go on mission trips in Africa
- My health!
- Constructive criticism… I don’t always like it, but it forces me to be a better person.
- You – thank you for listening… we wouldn’t be doing this if we didn’t have anyone who cared. It means a lot!
I hope you have a joyful and fabulous thanksgiving with your friends and family. I’m curious to know – what are you thankful for?